Sunday, May 19, 2013

Hibiscus in Henna for your Hair

I did henna in my hair again this weekend and this time I tried adding hibiscus to the mix! I bought some dried hibiscus leaves and put them in a jar with 2 parts boiling water and 1 part vinegar. I sealed the jar and let the leaves infuse for about 3 weeks. The results was an extremely potent infusion of deep, deep red hibiscus tea.

I added that to my henna mix and did the rest as usual. It turned out AMAZING!! The color is much more vivid and much redder than it's ever been before. I love it!

I'd like to try hibiscus powder next time and see how it compares to using a super-strong tea mix.


1 comment:

  1. i love ur color! i wanna try henna and hibiscus, too. there is a brand that has them both in one mix. currently i am dyed with henna, exclusively and i want more red! more! lol keep the healthy habit! ;)

    ReplyDelete